- The course covers a wide range of topics in theoretical and practical chemistry, as well as supporting teachers in challenging both students, and their own, misconceptions in chemistry.
- Lab sessions provide hands-on opportunities to explore and refine experiments and demonstrations.
- Support is provided both during and after the course to help participants embed their learning and understanding
- Deepika Soni: Advanced Teaching and Learning Consultant and SLE for Science
- Lead Practitioners and Science Specialists
|Who is it suitable for:
||This course is designed to provide teachers with the confidence, flair and enthusiasm to teach chemistry at Key Stages 3 and 4. It is specifically aimed at those who are not chemistry specialists.
|What will you take away with you? e.g. resources, learning points etc.
||Lab sessions provide hands-on opportunities to explore and refine experiments and demonstrations. A large bank of resources will be supplied to enable participants to increase their chemistry repertoire back in their school
|What is the intended impact for you?
- An increased your understanding of chemistry topics at Key Stage 3 and 4
- To become more confident and competent in the teaching of chemistry
- Rehearsed relevant and interesting practical experiments and demonstrations to help inspire and engage your students.
- Developed and understanding of common student misconceptions and how these can be addressed.
- Developed the effective use of scientific models relevant to the teaching of chemistry
|What is the intended impact for your school?