- This whole day session will support you to transform your school from good to outstanding.
- Sidney Stringer became an academy in 2010, after the school was judged by Ofsted as good. The focus for the academy was then to move from good to outstanding, which was something we achieved when Sidney Stringer was judged by Ofsted to be outstanding on all accounts in April 2013:
- Achievement is outstanding…students make outstanding progress
- Teaching is strong in all areas
- The monitoring of teaching is rigorous, providing a particularly accurate basis for staff development and performance management
- The strength of the curriculum has had a positive impact on standards and achievement
- Self-evaluation is robust
- The Senior staff have built very effective subject and project teams at every level
- Students have very positive attitudes towards learning
- Attendance has risen rapidly…result of rigorous monitoring, very clear systems, high expectations and improved communication with parents and carers
- The clarity and extent of information provided to the governing body is exceptional… they provide effective challenge because of the clarity of the information
This course will focus on:
- Leadership structures
- Teaching and Learning
- Pastoral Support
- Use of data
- Working with stakeholders
- Behaviour and rewards
- Wendy Tomes, Executive Principal and NLE
- Claire Turpin, Associate Head
- Gemma Earles, Vice Principal
|Who is it suitable for:
What is the intended impact for you?
What will you take away with you? e.g. resources, learning points etc.
An understanding of what it means to be “outstanding” and the strategies used at Sidney Stringer Academy to enable us to become and maintain our outstanding status.
Relevant resources to be circulated after the session.
||£350 per day/ £175 per half day/ £50 per hour