- You will explore the curriculum links between literacy and science.
- You will also consider how to develop literacy skills to improve the quality of children’s written explanations in science.
- This course will explore a range of strategies designed to improve children’s ability to use scientific language
- Deepika Soni: Advanced Teaching and Learning Consultant (SSA) and SLE for Science
Who is it suitable for:
- Primary Teachers
- Secondary Teachers
- Science Coordinators/Leaders
- Teaching Assistants
- Literacy co-ordinators
- EAL teachers/co-ordinators
|What will you take away with you? e.g. resources, learning points etc.
- Gain an awareness of the nature and breadth of opportunities for linking science and literacy.
- Develop strategies for raising attainment in science through developing.
- Speaking, listening and writing skills and to communicate scientific learning begin to identify progression in science and literacy.
- Relevant resources will be emailed after the course